Managed through the Riverbend Industries (RBI) portfolio, Global Flow Products d/b/a American Wheatley HVAC is a leading manufacturer of stock and custom hydronic tanks built to ASME standards and a distributor of related valves and other HVAC components used across a wide array of industrial applications across the United States. American Wheatley HVAC leverages more than forty years of experience, a robust assortment of specialty HVAC hydronic systems and technology, and a commitment to speedy, quality work to ensure clients receive the right product for their jobs.
RBI is a private family-owned portfolio holding company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The portfolio is primarily comprised of several small, independently operated, previously family-run businesses in the light manufacturing and distribution sectors. The portfolio is a long-term holder of its investments/assets and plans to grow both organically and through acquisitions into the foreseeable future.
This position is responsible for assisting in the warehouse with receiving product and material, inputting inventory, sorting and organizing products and material. This position will also load and unload products and material for receiving and shipping.
Essential Job Functions
- Process and package shipments for LTL and UPS ground.
- Stock and replenish inventory accurately.
- Hydro test and paint products as necessary.
- Assist with inspection of products for defects and damage.
- Examine incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Check, verify, and fill orders and customer purchases.
- Complete assignments based on production needs.
- Understand procedures and processes for department.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation neatly and accurately.
- Contribute ideas to improve or optimize procedures.
- Follow company process standards, procedures and company policies in the warehouse including PPE use, proper part handling, and warehouse organization and cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous warehouse experience a plus.
- Proven ability to safely operate a forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Ability to use a table saw, nail gun, drill, and measuring tape for pallet assembly.
- Adequate knowledge of shipping and receiving documents and systems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Attendance – Reports to work as scheduled. Follows established procedures for breaks. Notifies supervisor in advance of scheduling changes.
- Dependability – Extent to which employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers, and others.
- 5S – Extent to which the employee keeps their work area clean and orderly after each shift.
- Work Attitude and Stewardship – Extent to which employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers, and others. They also focus on utilizing company resources as a good steward.
- Job Knowledge – Understand duties, responsibilities and has ability to use materials as needs with the level of proficiency required to accomplish the work.
- Initiative – Ability to be self-directed, efficient, creative, and resourceful. Assumes extra work and adapts quickly to new responsibilities.
- Quantity and Quality of Work – Amount of work completed in work week with accuracy and care for customer.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – Extent to which the employee can assess a problem and offer solutions for resolution.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Willing and able to work outside in manufacturing/warehouse environment with varying temperatures.
- Willing to work in a manufacturing environment with dust, fumes, oils and where noise levels can be high.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to lift fifty pounds and handle physical workload.
- 8 hour shift – Monday to Friday
- Work Location: In person