Technical Compliance and Warranty Specialist
Phoenix Manufacturing Inc., a worldwide supplier of evaporative cooling products, was founded in Phoenix, Arizona in 1975. Dedication to developing and making the finest products possible remains year after year. We have grown over the years and are continually recognized as an industry leader in customer service, product quality and engineering innovations.
In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer sponsored 401K retirement plan with company discretionary contribution
- Company paid life insurance, with available voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
The Technical Compliance and Warranty Specialist will be responsible for interacting with customers and internal departments to address technical issues and failures in all company products.
Under Only General Supervision, Customarily and Regularly Exercises Discretion and Independent Judgment to:
· Prepare and process warranty claims within designated timeframes
· Ability to troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues by phone or e-mail
· Reconcile, approve, and correct rejected claims
· Obtain approvals and adjustments with policies and procedures to address customer issues
· Produce various claims processing productivity reports
· Conduct analysis of field data to identify potential corrective actions
· Coordinate the return of field failures and associated complaint data
· Conduct physical analysis of returned components to identify root causes; make recommendations for product changes based on trend data
· Minimal travel required; approximately 10% to troubleshoot and repair field unit failures under warranty
· Perform all work in accordance with all safety procedures
· Regular attendance is essential
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
This position description is not all inclusive.
PMI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
· 2-year degree preferred or Technical Training with equivalent experience
· 5 years experience in a manufacturing or fast paced work environment
· Significant work experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably HVAC industry
· Working knowledge of single and 3-phase electrical circuits, safety, wiring, motors, and electrical tools
· Ability to read electrical diagrams for 480V, 240V, 208V and 120V
· Ability to read control diagrams
· Working knowledge in electrical components such as, circuit breakers, relays, contactors, terminals, wire gauges, and Variable frequency drives
· Basic knowledge of National Electrical Code
· Analyze process capability and develop and implement improvement plans
· Ability to operate multi-function electrical test equipment
· Ability to visualize component re-arrangement prior to movement
· Working knowledge of PC’s and web hosted applications
· Read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated, flexible, and a team player
· Ability to learn quickly, work independently and consistently individually or in a team setting
· Satisfactorily meeting job performance expectations for current position
· Office environment; constant exposure to computer screens
· Essential and marginal functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time
$52,000.00 – $62,000.00 per year