Managed through the Riverbend Industries portfolio, Williams is a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning product manufacturing, distribution primarily in the United States with some Canadian presence.
The Williams name is synonymous with the highest quality and most popular line of HVACR products to fit any residential or commercial need, including gas and electric furnaces, fan coils and air handlers. Williams’ products are installed in residential homes, hotels, casinos, museums, dormitories, and apartment complexes and are featured in several historically significant landmarks including Columbia University, The Smithsonian Institute and on-board Air Force One. Our products are sold nationwide through a network of authorized HVACR representatives, wholesalers, and retailers. For more information, call (909) 825-0993 or visit our website at www.williamscomfortprod.com.
The R&D Engineering Manager plays a crucial role in leading and overseeing innovation, product development, and engineering efforts within an organization. This role is responsible for managing and leading the research and development and engineering teams to drive innovation, and improve existing products, and ensure the successful execution of engineering projects. This role involves a combination of technical expertise, project management skills, and leadership abilities.
- Lead by example with a Safety First mindset in every task
- Oversee the performance of functional tests (pilot, burner flame quality, electrical operation, venting, etc.) on HVAC appliances and records test data.
- Maintain regulatory UL and CSA agency listing.
- Support the daily production in the Furnace and Fan Coil areas by reading assembly drawings and scales, protractors, and other measuring instruments to check location or parts in the assembly.
- Oversee the timing of the functions of the appliance to industry standards and the recording of data.
- Supervises the setup of completed products or subassemblies for testing.
- Oversees the run of the products through a series of operational steps to verify performance. Perform or supervise troubleshooting to correct product deficiencies.
- Develop and execute the R&D and engineering strategy in alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Provide corrective action information to assembly personnel and/or Engineering.
- Supervise the testing of new products and designs, and records data.
- Conduct or supervise product audits in the lab.
- Materially assist QA Technician in production audits
- Attend to detail to identify product deficiencies.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Plan, direct, track and report progress on engineering projects.
- Interpret product specifications in a strict manner, report problems to QA Engineer or supervisor.
- Manage the safe installation of products in a test position, including installation of venting system.
- Oversee the safe handling of gas connections.
- Must perform all work in accordance with all safety procedures.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience in testing of electrical, gas, and airflow
- Masters in related field
- 7+ years of experience in testing of electrical, gas, and airflow
Skills & Characteristics
- Ability to write, read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Cable of adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate and ratio.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must maintain outstanding punctuality and attendance record.
- Working knowledge of PC’s and web hosted applications preferred.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Able to use a ladder with good balance and vision.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and a team player.
- Quick learner and capable of working independently.
- Satisfactorily meeting job performance expectations for current position.
- Accountability & Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Analysis/Reasoning – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Development & Continual Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Researching Information – Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision-making.
- Results Focus & Initiative – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Safety Focus – Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
Management maintains the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
$130,000 – $150,000