Position Summary: The General Helper is responsible for putting together component parts or pieces adhering to a specified set of blueprints or schematics for commercial evaporative cooler units. They verify the correct quantities of components parts and quality checking completed items, manage parts inventory, and use hand tools and mechanical equipment to produce structurally sound products and structures. This position is a frontline role in delivering high-quality factory assembled and tested complete package solutions to the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
The General Helper will have several Roles and Responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Ability to properly assemble parts and sub-assemblies and performs final tests.
- Must be able to complete repetitious assemblies.
- Box and wrap units over to the finished goods area of the warehouse where they are stored for shipment for customers.
- Assemble cooling units, solder piping and wires. Commercial evaporative unit assembly and inspection
- Performs any combination of following tasks to assemble equipment or subassemblies: assemble, wire, brazing, solder, taping and insulating. Reads work orders, follows production drawings, work instructions, sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Follow technical instructions, interpret engineering blueprints and technical terms.
- Discern quality of parts and materials used in production. • Inventory parts and tools used in the assembling process.
- May require cleaning and inspecting parts and disassembly of rework units.
- Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Package finished products and materials for transport.
- Participate in workflow optimization for productivity and safety.
- Assist Industrial and Residential Assembly lines as necessary.
- Perform job duties within reasonable time compared to current rates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must be able to perform all work in accordance with all applicable safety procedures.
- Able to work Overtime based on production requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This is a guideline to help you evaluate the position additional duties as required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexible, assertive, team player who is willing to help out wherever needed to achieve company goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty efficiently, safely and in an acceptable manner.
- Possess familiarity with machines, work functions and/or operations to which assigned.
- Sufficient degree of skill in assigned trade, craft, machines, and work operations.
- Proper knowledge of current trade practice, materials, and tooling as it affects work being performed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; follow written and/or verbal orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Capacity to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving variable in standardized situations; understand fundamental flow of shop material and its problems or material handling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.