Managed through the Riverbend Industries portfolio, Williams is a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning product manufacturing, distribution primarily in the United States with some Canadian presence.
The Williams name is synonymous with the highest quality and most popular line of HVACR products to fit any residential or commercial need, including gas and electric furnaces, fan coils and air handlers. Williams’ products are installed in residential homes, hotels, casinos, museums, dormitories, and apartment complexes and are featured in several historically significant landmarks including Columbia University, The Smithsonian Institute and on board Air Force One. Our products are sold nationwide through a network of authorized HVACR representatives, wholesalers, and retailers. For more information, call (909) 825-0993 or visit our website at www.williamscomfortprod.com.
The New Product Engineering Manager is a new role within the Engineering team and is charged with curating Williams growing furnace, fan coil, heat pump, and chiller market. The New Product Manager will play a crucial role in driving the commercial success of Williams through thoughtful collaboration with the sales and marketing teams, our customers (both distributors and end users), and other outside partners to action new, innovation solutions. This role will be responsible for the entire product lifecycle from initial concept and development to launch, continuous improvement, and end-of-life management.
To be successful, the ideal Product Manager will leverage their expertise in investigating and understanding market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscapes to develop and refine our product offerings.
· Lead by example with a Safety First mindset in every task
Product Strategy and Development
· Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer needs and industry trends in the HVAC and cooling market.
· Define the product vision and strategy in alignment with the company’s overall objectives and the strategic plan. This work will culminate in a multi-year product roadmap.
· Provide the sales team with the necessary tools, resources, stories, and training to effectively communicate the value of our products.
· Partner with the sales team to identify, establish, and maintain strategic partnerships with distributors and channel partners to expand the reach of our products in different markets.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams including R&D, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to conceptualize, design, and develop innovative products.
· In conjunction with Sales and Engineering, manage the new product development process, ensuring timely delivery and adherence to quality and customer standards.
· Work closely with the R&D team to translate customer feedback into product enhancements and improvements.
· Implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to track product line performance (sales, gross profit, inventory turns, etc.) and ensure alignment with business objectives.
Product Lifecycle Management
· Develop the organization’s ability and discipline to constantly monitor and assess the current product portfolio’s performance to determine gaps requiring new product offerings and to flag the low performers that must be obsoleted. Own the complete lifecycle of the products, monitor and assess the current product portfolio’s performance to determine gaps requiring new product offerings and to flag the low performers that must be obsoleted. Monitor product performance and gather feedback from customers and internal stakeholders to drive continuous improvement efforts.
· Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to develop effective product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies.
· Conduct regular competitive analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in the market.
· Stay abreast of competitor products and industry developments to inform product roadmap decisions.
· Leverage insights to maintain our competitive advantage and differentiate our products in the market.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
o High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
o 5+ years’ technical, mechanical engineering experience
o Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field from an accredited university
2+ years of experience with hydronic systems, furnaces, and/or applied HVAC products.
Skills & Characteristics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret market data and customer feedback to inform product decisions.
- Excellent project management and communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to influence and inspire teams.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams.
· Accountability & Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
· Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
· Analysis/Reasoning – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
· Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
· Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and written language.
· Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplaces challenges.
· Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
· Development & Continual Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
· Listening – Understands and learns from what others say.
· Managing Projects or Programs – Structures and directs others’ work on projects or programs.
· Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
· Results Focus & Initiative – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
· Safety Focus – Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
· Stress Tolerance – Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
· Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
$100,000 – $125,000