Managed through the Riverbend Industries (RBI) portfolio, Global Flow Products d/b/a American Wheatley is a leading manufacturer of stock and custom hydronic tanks built to ASME standards and a distributor of related valves, other HVAC components and air receivers used across a wide array of industrial applications throughout the United States. American Wheatley leverages more than forty years of experience, a robust assortment of specialty HVAC hydronic systems and technology, and a commitment to speedy, quality work to ensure clients receive the right product for their jobs.
RBI is a private family-owned portfolio holding company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The portfolio is primarily comprised of several small, independently operated, previously family-run businesses in the light manufacturing and distribution sectors. The portfolio is a long-term holder of its investments/assets and plans to grow both organically and through acquisitions into the foreseeable future.
The Inside Sales Representative uses professional selling skills to increase sales revenue through cross-selling and up-selling to new and existing customers. This position requires excellent knowledge of all American Wheatley products and services, competitor’s products, Hydronics and Hydronics Accessories. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for building positive relationships with customers and potential customers regarding American Wheatley to meet or exceed all sales objectives.
- Lead by example with a Safety First mindset in every task
- Prospecting for new customers.
- Respond to and follow-up on all assigned sales leads.
- Achieve sales targets by increasing the sales and product scope of existing customers.
- Maintains accurate and current information on all accounts and computer lists.
- Work with and assist Outside Sales to increase sales in specified territory.
- Must develop and maintain strong product knowledge and understanding of industry processes.
- Ensures that customer needs are satisfied through the visibility of new products, pricing, and accessibility.
- Resolves customer requests, complaints, and problems.
- Promotes goodwill and conveys a positive image of the Company.
- Conduct sales calls, via telephone, into the designated target markets to increase profitable sales growth.
- Identify key contacts and develop strong relationships within target market(s).
- Cross-sell and up-sell to new and existing customers.
- Approved field travel as budget permits, to conduct sales calls with existing customers and prospects within the designated markets when necessary and as directed by Sales Management.
- Develop customer target lists using websites, sales reports, and other means recommended by Sales Management.
- Support the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) in growing the overall business within the territory to achieve sales goals.
- Properly maintain and update Customer-Relationship Management software, with the entry of accurate and relevant information.
- Attend all necessary meetings to perform the position’s primary duties and responsibilities, and to develop business and organizational strategies with the management team as needed.
- Attend and participate in ongoing training as necessary to develop relevant product, market and competitive knowledge and selling skills.
- This position will be required to take on additional duties and/or projects as assigned by members of the management team.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years related experience and/ or training, or
- Equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Associate degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Domestic/International Sales
Skills & Characteristics
- A sales-driven, goal-oriented, self-motivated personality and a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Maximizes results by striving to consistently meet or exceed sales quota.
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing multiple calls per day.
- Effective at uncovering opportunities based on customer needs.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships over the phone.
- A high level of integrity, and resilient temperament.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, good listening skills, and be able to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels in the organization.
- Must be computer literate and be fast and accurate in data entry and proficient in Excel.
- Must be able to work in fast paced stressful environment, have the ability to multitask and handle multiple projects, work independently, have strong attention to detail, and great follow up skills.
- Prospect via phone, email, and other methods to get qualified leads to build your pipeline and continually meet your individual and team quotas.
- Collaborate with Sales management to assist in the development of personal call strategies and messaging, driving more opportunities for new business.
- Consistently achieve revenue goals, activity metrics, and conversion rates.
- Lead phone and screen sharing calls to connect with accounts to secure orders and reorders. While working with customers, navigate our website and other applications with confidence.
- Ensure CRM tool is updated and maintained to standard.
- Support a continuous improvement culture on the team and throughout the company.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with other departments.
- Uphold company quality and brand standards.
- Be considerate of all company assets.
- Safety Focus – Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- Accountability & Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Listening – Understands and learns from what others say.
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Results Focus & Initiative – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, climb, and navigate in closed manufacturing spaces on occasion.