Customer Service Representative
Managed as part the Riverbend Industries portfolio, Phoenix Manufacturing, Inc (“PMI”) designs, markets, sales, and manufactures various high-efficiency residential and industrial evaporative cooler systems under the Frigiking®, Aerocool®, and Ecokool® brands. For almost fifty years, PMI has been providing quality cooling solutions and exceptional customer service to customers across the western United States and beyond.
Riverbend Industries Inc. (“RBI”) is a private family-owned portfolio holding company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The portfolio is primarily comprised of several small, independently operated, previously family-run businesses in the light manufacturing and distribution sectors. The portfolio is a long-term holder of its investments and plans to grow both organically and through acquisitions into the foreseeable future.
As a Customer Service Representative, you are the “front line” of our workforce and serve as a critical connection between the customer and our employees. The Customer Service Representative administers various customer service operations to include sales order processing, account management, and warranty claims processing. To be successful in this role, this individual must have in-depth knowledge of Company products and services. Serves customers by providing product and service information, entering orders into Epicor system, and resolving product and service problems.
The Customer Service Representative will have several Roles and Responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Answer a high volume of inbound calls and resolve customer inquiries via phone, email or mail
- Process customer orders in Epicor or online
- Return customer messages and/or make follow-up calls
- Maintains customer records by updating account information
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges
- Supports the sales team by completing sales quotes, customer orders and providing product knowledge assistance
- Develop and maintain customer relationships. Address and resolve customer complaints in a timely manner
- Assist with the preparation of job quotes
- Data entry and research for parts and equipment ordering
- Answer questions about warranties or terms of sales
- Work with customer service manager or Lead to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets in excel
- Filing customer orders in a timely basis
- Support Sales & Marketing leadership as needed
- Provides appropriate direction and support to team members to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of systems and procedures
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communicational skills
- Able to develop rapport and relationships with all levels of employees
- Ability to quickly adapt to current conditions and to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- May perform duties in both office and Manufacturing plant environment
- Must perform all work in accordance with all applicable safety procedures
- Able to work Overtime based on production requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
This is a guideline to help you evaluate the position additional duties as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 years’ experience in a Customer Service occupation
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT)
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization as well as professionally represent the company to outside parties
- Ability to foster and build relationships with cross-functional team members throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively explain and interpret organizational policies and procedures
- Superb skills in problem solving and critical thinking with attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to work as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished
- Capacity to apply a good understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving variable in standardized situations; understand fundamental flow of shop material and its problems or material handling