Managed through the Riverbend Industries portfolio, Williams is a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning product manufacturing, distribution primarily in the United States with some Canadian presence.
The Williams name is synonymous with the highest quality and most popular line of HVACR products to fit any residential or commercial need, including gas and electric furnaces, fan coils and air handlers. Williams’ products are installed in residential homes, hotels, casinos, museums, dormitories, and apartment complexes and are featured in several historically significant landmarks including Columbia University, The Smithsonian Institute and on-board Air Force One. Our products are sold nationwide through a network of authorized HVACR representatives, wholesalers, and retailers. For more information, call (909) 825-0993 or visit our website at www.williamscomfortprod.com.
The Combustion Engineer is a skilled and innovative engineer with analytical and experimental combustion knowledge. The successful candidate must have a strong fundamental understanding of combustion environments and will support the projects from prototype build through field testing. The ideal candidate will be a practical self-starter with demonstrated experience in burner design, furnace design and other combustion products and have hands-on prototype development experience.
- Lead by example with a Safety First mindset in every task
- Develop and design combustion systems, including burners, furnaces, and boilers, to meet specific performance, efficiency, and emissions criteria.
- Analyze and select appropriate fuels and fuel mixtures based on the application and environmental considerations.
- Implement and maintain systems for monitoring and controlling emissions to meet regulatory standards and reduce environmental impact.
- Conduct experiments and tests to assess combustion system performance and efficiency. Adjust parameters to optimize combustion process.
- Focus on energy conservation and implement measures to improve energy efficiency in combustion systems.
- Collect and analyze data related to combustion processes, emissions, and system performance to make informed decisions and improvements.
- Develop formal, clear technical reports to provide findings and interpretation/analysis of test results to technical managers and customers.
- Maintain detailed records of design specifications, test results, and compliance documentation for regulatory purposes.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies and research in the field of combustion engineering to implement innovative solutions.
- Be able to think “outside of the box” in addressing program goals. Develop, implement, and support high performing practical designs in a multitude of applications, including combustion, fuel processing, and unique chemical reacting systems.
- Perform combustion, thermodynamic, and fluid flow calculations as required to meet project schedule.
- Field support testing and repair of apparatus as required.
- Complete engineering tasks to meet deadlines: project schedules, process flow diagrams, support analysis and calculations, and installation and operating instruction manuals.
- Maintain a working relationship with vendors and current contractors of thermal and combustion equipment and be knowledgeable of external developments.
- Lead and participate in problem solving efforts with multi-discipline technical staff, maintenance, and production. Drive resolution of chronic problems within an area of expertise & organize support from other resources when necessary.
- Create and develop combustion control solutions that will support process improvements and improve equipment reliability.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field from an accredited university
- 3+ years’ technical, mechanical engineering experience
- Masters’ degree (5-10 years’ experience) in Combustion Application industry
- 2+ years of experience with hydronic systems, furnaces, and/or applied HVAC products.
Skills & Characteristics
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and a team player.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Available for international travel
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of heat transfer design methods
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and draft plans to meet them.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Familiarity with controls development
- Effective project management and good communication skills
- Experience in analysis and design of heat exchangers
- Experience in development and implementation of ignition systems
- Experience in development and implementation of clean energy systems and decarbonization environment.
- Accountability & Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Analysis/Reasoning – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplaces challenges.
- Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Development & Continual Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Managing Projects or Programs – Structures and directs others’ work on projects or programs.
- Problem Solving – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Results Focus & Initiative – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Safety Focus – Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
Management maintains the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
$90,000 – $120,000