This position is responsible for the assembly and welding of custom bladder tanks, strainers, and valve products. These products require multiple components, of various custom engineered sizes that are welded with Mig, Flux Core, Tig and Sub Arc in accordance with ASME codes. Welds are required to be water tight. This position requires a strong attention to detail with a high level of craftsmanship.
Essential Job Functions
- Weld products that preform strictly within defined pressure ranges and tolerances according to ASME codes.
- Complete assignments based on production needs.
- Understand procedures and processes for department.
- Work with colleagues in Production, Materials, Engineering and other plant functions to achieve production, quality, and on-time delivery goals.
- Make adjustments to machines, tools and conduct minor maintenance on machines and tools in accordance to maintenance schedule and specifications.
- Participate in maintaining a high-quality manufacturing environment. Contribute suggestions that will improve products, and processes which in turn deliver quality and production.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation neatly and accurately.
- Verify workmanship quality by conducting tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance.
- Follow company process standards, procedures and company policies on the shop floor including PPE use, proper part handling, sound equipment set-ups, daily equipment PM and 5S.
- All other duties as assigned.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Attendance – Reports to work as scheduled. Follows established procedures for breaks. Notifies supervisor in advance of scheduling changes.
- Dependability – Extent to which employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers and others.
- 5S – Extent to which the employee keeps their work area clean and orderly after each shift. Cleans and organizes during extended cuts on machine.
- Work Attitude and Stewardship – Extent to which employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers and others. They also focus on utilizing company resources as a good steward.
- Job Knowledge – Understand duties, responsibilities and has ability to use materials as needs with the level of proficiency required to accomplish the work.
- Initiative – Ability to be self-directed, efficient, creative and resourceful. Assumes extra work and adapts quickly to new responsibilities.
- Quantity and Quality of Work – Amount of work completed in work week with accuracy and care for customer.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – Extent to which the employee can assess a problem and offer solutions for resolution.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Must pass an ASME weld test.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with welding tools and procedures.
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Willing and able to work outside in manufacturing/warehouse environment with varying temperatures.
- Willing to work alone a high percentage of the time.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Willing to work in a manufacturing environment with dust, fumes, oils and where noise levels can be high.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds and handle physical workload.
22.50 per hour starting with 30/60/90 day reviews