This position is responsible for the assembly and welding of custom bladder tanks, strainers, and valve products. These products require multiple components, of various custom engineered sizes that are welded with Mig, Flux Core, Tig and Sub Arc in accordance with ASME codes. Welds are required to be water tight. This position requires a strong attention to detail with a high level of craftsmanship.
Essential Job Functions
- Weld products that preform strictly within defined pressure ranges and tolerances according to ASME codes.
- Specific welding training and/or 5+ years of related welding experience level, or an equivalent combination of training, experience, and skill proficiency.
- Must be skilled in at least 3 of the following processes GMAW, FCAW, and saw.
- Must consistently demonstrate code quality. Must be proficient in the following codes: ASME
- Must be able to use positioners and pinwheels.
- Must have demonstrated experience with set up, layout, blueprint reading, weld symbols, and joint configuration.
- Must be familiar with mismatch tolerances.
- Must be skilled fitter with verifiable experience
- Must pass a fitter test
- Complete assignments based on production needs.
- Understand procedures and processes for department.
- Work with colleagues in Production, Materials, Engineering and other plant functions to achieve production, quality, and on-time delivery goals.
- Make adjustments to machines, tools and conduct minor maintenance on machines and tools in accordance to maintenance schedule and specifications.
- Participate in maintaining a high-quality manufacturing environment. Contribute suggestions that will improve products, and processes which in turn deliver quality and production.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation neatly and accurately.
- Verify workmanship quality by conducting tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance.
- Follow company process standards, procedures and company policies on the shop floor including PPE use, proper part handling, sound equipment set-ups, daily equipment PM and 5S.
- All other duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 3 (three) years of directly related experience in welding.
- Must pass an ASME weld test.
- Formal training and certification a plus
- Proven ability to safely operation a forklift (must be certified)
- Prior experience with material handling in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with welding tools and procedures.
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Attendance – Reports to work as scheduled. Follows established procedures for breaks. Notifies supervisor in advance of scheduling changes.
- Dependability – Extent to which employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers and others.
- 5S – Extent to which the employee keeps their work area clean and orderly after each shift. Cleans and organizes during extended cuts on machine.
- Work Attitude and Stewardship – Extent to which employee demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes cooperation with supervisors, peers and others. They also focus on utilizing company resources as a good steward.
- Job Knowledge – Understand duties, responsibilities and has ability to use materials as needs with the level of proficiency required to accomplish the work.
- Initiative – Ability to be self-directed, efficient, creative and resourceful. Assumes extra work and adapts quickly to new responsibilities.
- Quantity and Quality of Work – Amount of work completed in work week with accuracy and care for customer.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – Extent to which the employee can assess a problem and offer solutions for resolution.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Willing and able to work outside in manufacturing/warehouse environment with varying temperatures.
- Willing to work alone a high percentage of the time.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Willing to work in a manufacturing environment with dust, fumes, oils and where noise levels can be high.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds and handle physical workload.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs and ladders
- Position requires standing or walking all of the workday. Frequently involves stooping and kneeling.
- Must possess sufficient visual acuity and depth perception to accomplish job tasks.
- Must possess manual dexterity such as reaching, handling, fingering, and touching to effectively handle material and operate welding equipment.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must not present a risk of injury to self or others while engaged in Company duties.
Start 23.50/hr, with 60/90 day reviews to 25/hr